Restaurant & Bar
For the comfort of our guests, our restaurant & bar is exclusive to our overnight guests only.
We do also provide party bookings for special events, but these must be booked and agreed in advance, and is subject to our availability.
In keeping with the general ethos at Hotel de Vie meal times are relaxed and comfortable. Below, is a small sample of what is typically available:
We typically start cooking our breakfasts from 7:30am to 9:00am on weekdays, and from 8:30am-10:00am at weekends. Please note that all our breakfasts are freshly cooked to order, on a first come - first served basis, so please allow yourself at least 15-25 minutes to be served if you're the first down.. more if other people are ahead of you.
You can help yourself to:
- Our range of 16+ Coffees, Espresso, Cappuccino, Latte, or 12+ organic Teas, or Fruit Teas, or Hot Chocolate (by the front door).
- 100% Orange Juice or local Apple Juice, from the bar area.
- A range of popular breakfast cereals with chilled organic milk from the guest fridge (rice / soya milk is often also available upon request).
- Organic probiotic plain Yoghurt, Müller fruit corners, or cheeses (from the guest fridge, or please ask for more if there’s none left).
- Fresh fruits, snacks, snack bars, chocolates (next to the reception desk)
To order any of the following:
- A healthy bowl of porridge oats topped with a good drizzle of honey, cinnamon, brown sugar, chocolate drops, and/or fruit syrup (all optional).
- 2 slices of Toast (wholemeal or white) with butter, or margarine, strawberry jam, marmalade, chocolate spread, marmite, or peanut butter.
- Bacon Butty, Sausage Sandwich, or a Breakfast Sandwich, to stay or go.
- Chilled Lock Fyne Smoked Salmon slices, with hot scrambled eggs, and a slice of toast with butter or margarine.
- Full English: Grilled Bacon, Gluten Free Sausage, Tomatoes, Mushrooms, Beans, a Poached Egg, and a slice of Toast (wholemeal or white).
- Your choice of options from the Full English, ie with eggs how you like them (fried, sunny side down, scrambled, well cooked, etc.).
- Vegetarian/Vegan Sausages & Bacon are also available (Linda McCartney & Redwood Foods respectively, please let us know if you’re vegan).
Heinz Ketchup, HP Brown Sauce, English or French Mustard, and/or Tabasco sauce, are also available on request. Please let us know by ringing our bell at reception.
We typically serve our evening meals between 6:30-8:00pm each day.
- Tender Lamb Shank in a tasty mint & rosemary sauce, served with
creamy mashed potato & lightly buttered garden peas.
- Loch Fyne Smoked Salmon - Thinly sliced, chilled, and sprinkled with capers, dressed with slices of fresh lemon. Served with sides of honey steamed carrots, and lightly buttered peas and sweet-corn.
- Bangers & Mash – A classic. Our locally sourced pork (or vegetarian) sausages, with creamy mashed potato, onion gravy, and lightly buttered garden peas.
- Green Thai Chicken Curry – succulent chicken breast pieces, and stir fried vegetables, in a Thai sauce of coconut, lime, chillies & ginger with basmati rice.
- Spaghetti Bolognese – minced beef in a tomato & red wine sauce, on spaghetti, with sprinkles of black pepper and parmesan shavings.
- Vegetable Curry (Chickpea) – oven roasted peppers & carrots with cauliflower, spinach & toasted cumin seeds in a mildly spicy chickpea & lentil sauce, served with light and fluffy basmati rice.
- Indonesian Vegetable Curry – with a sweet and creamy coconut milk, roasted vegetables, green beans, and toasted cashew nuts, served with light and fluffy basmati rice.
- Bacon Butty or Sausage Sandwich – freshly grilled bacon, or fried locally produced pork sausages, simply placed between two slices of freshly toasted & buttered white or wholemeal bread. With or without ketchup and/or brown sauce. (Vegetarian bacon, & vegetarian sausages are also available)
- Beans on Toast – Another classic favourite snack, two slices of freshly lightly toasted bread (white or wholemeal), buttered, and topped with a good helping of hot Branston baked beans.
With an additional handful of freshly grated organic cheddar cheese (optional).
- Jam Sandwich (and/or peanut butter, marmalade, or chocolate spread) – Simply two slices of white or wholemeal bread, with the filling of your choice.
Desserts for one
- Warm Crème brûlée, with a side of Belgian chocolate drops.
- Warm Belgian Waffle – on its own, or topped with a choice of; ice cream (vanilla, toffee, or chocolate), Belgian chocolate drops, chocolate sauce, toffee sauce, fruit sauce, maple syrup, ice-cream, and/or freshly whipped cream.
You tell us how you like it.
- Steamed Chocolate melt pudding – served with freshly whipped cream, cool vanilla ice-cream, a sprinkling of chocolate drops, and lightly dusted with icing sugar.
- Steamed sticky toffee pudding – served with freshly whipped cream, cool vanilla ice-cream, and lightly dusted with icing sugar.
- Cornish Dairy Ice-Cream – on its own, or topped with a choice of; Belgian chocolate drops, chocolate sauce, toffee sauce, fruit sauce, and/or maple syrup. You tell us how you like it.
- Dairy free Vanilla ice-cream – delicious and surprisingly creamy tasting. With a choice of; Belgian chocolate drops, chocolate sauce, toffee sauce, fruit sauce, and/or maple syrup. (Of course not all the toppings are vegan though)
Desserts to share
- Hot chocolate chip cookie dough – served fresh out of the oven, and topped nice cold Cornish vanilla ice-cream, freshly whipped cream, a sprinkling of extra Belgian chocolate drops, and a good drizzle of rich Belgian chocolate sauce.
We also have a range of beers, wines, spirits and soft drinks available at our own bar (open exclusively to our guests).
Sink into our comfy leather sofas with a well deserved drink, and enjoy some complimentary bar snacks.
Enjoy our superb wine list, premium beers and spirits from our bar list, or with a bottle of champagne, chilled and in ice for your arrival.
We offer private hire for the exclusive use of our bar and hotel for all sorts of parties, events and business meetings, just contact us for more details and prices.