Our Evening Menu at Hotel de Vie
For the comfort of our guests, our restaurant & bar is exclusive to our overnight guests only.
We do also provide party bookings for special events, but these must be booked and agreed in advance, and is subject to our availability.
In keeping with the general ethos at Hotel de Vie, meal times are relaxed and comfortable. Below, is a small sample of what is typically available
We typically serve our evening meals between 6:30-8:00pm each day.
- Marinated Mixed Olives
- Homemade Root Vegetable Soup - served with 2 slices of toast and butter
- Smoked Salmon Canapés with Cream Cheese
- Beans on toast - A favourite snack. Two slices of freshly toasted and buttered white or wholemeal bread, topped with a good helping of hot baked beans. With an additional topping of freshly grated cheddar cheese (optional)
- Bacon or Sausage Sandwich - freshly grilled bacon, or fried locally-produced gluten-free pork sausages, between two slices of freshly toasted and buttered white or wholemeal bread. With or without ketchup and/or brown sauce. (Vegetarian sausages are also available)
- Spaghetti Bolognese - Minced beef in a homemade tomato sauce, on spaghetti, with sprinkles of black pepper and parmesan shavings.
- Indonesian Vegetable Curry - With a sweet and creamy coconut milk, roasted vegetables, green beans, and toasted cashew nuts, served with light and fluffy basmati rice.
- Green Thai Chicken Curry - Succulent chicken breast pieces and stir-fried vegetables, in a Thai sauce of coconut, lime, chillies & ginger, served with light and fluffy basmati rice.
- Bangers & Mash - A British classic. Our locally-sourced gluten-free pork sausages, with mashed potato, onion gravy and lightly-buttered garden peas.
- Tender Lamb Shank - In a tasty mint & rosemary sauce, served with mashed potato and lightly-buttered garden peas.
- Cod Fillet - In a creamy parsley sauce, served with mashed potato, honey-steamed carrots and lightly-buttered garden peas.
Desserts for one
- Warm Belgian Waffle - Topped with your choice of Cornish vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, Belgian chocolate drops, chocolate sauce, toffee sauce, maple syrup.
- Chocolate Pudding - Served hot with chocolate sauce, Cornish vanilla ice cream and/or whipped cream and lightly dusted with icing sugar.
- Sticky Toffee Pudding - Served hot with toffee sauce, Cornish vanilla ice cream and/or whipped cream and lightly dusted with icing sugar.
- Cornish Vanilla Ice Cream - Two scoops on their own, or topped with a choice of Belgian chocolate drops, chocolate sauce, toffee sauce and/or maple syrup.
- Lemon Sorbet - Two scoops on their own.
Desserts to share
- Banana Split - Served with three scoops of Cornish vanilla ice cream, chocolate and toffee sauces, whipped cream and a cherry on top.
We also have a range of beers, wines, spirits and soft drinks available at our own bar (open exclusively to our guests).
Sink into our comfy leather sofas with a well-deserved drink and enjoy our complimentary snack bar.
Enjoy our superb wine list, premium beers and spirits from our bar menu, or arrange a bottle of champagne in ice for your arrival.
We offer private hire for the exclusive use of our bar and hotel for all sorts of parties, events and business meetings. Just contact us for more details and prices.